Thursday, September 15, 2011

Greenland

Finally got internet coverage after weeks of being away from it all in the arctic. It's been an amazing trip, covering about 4,000 miles sailing the coasts of Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Greenland aboard the expedition vessel Wanderbird. We made it all the way to 69 degrees north in Disko Bay, which is pretty extreme considering that far south would be Antarctica. Right now I'm in the beautiful little community of Shelbourne, Nova Scotia taking care of engine problems before working my way back home to Washington.

From there it'll be a delivery or two on the west coast before spending the winter most likely sailing in Australia. When I get some time I'll post a longer column filling you all in on the adventure with some pictures!

Fair Winds,

Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good times, Ryan. I looked up the latitude and that's my kind of country! Cold!

    How are you planning on "working your way back home"? Just curious!

    And Australia! You need to hire me to come take all the pictures ;-)

    Tray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever give sailing lessons? I'm going to be up your way visiting relatives. Would you have time for something like that? How much would you charge?

    ReplyDelete