Tuesday, November 9, 2010

next adventure

Hey everybody,

I'm off this Friday to the Caribbean to deliver a Contessa 26 from the Bahamas to Panama and on through the Canal. As many of you know, the Contessa 26 is the design that was chosen by Tania Aebi and Brian Caldwell for their solo round the world voyages. It is the smaller version of the Contessa 32 that I considered for the longest time to use for my own circumnavigation. In any case I am very much in love with the design and excited to be making a solo passage on one.

This boat is owned by none other than Jesse Martin, who was the youngest to sail nonstop, unassisted around the world in 1999. I will be flying to a small island in the northern Bahamas where the boat is and sailing east around Cuba to Panama. I'm definitely looking forward to going through the canal, something I've dreamt of my entire life.

In any case, I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress. Here's a diagram of the boat.



Cheers,

Ryan

4 comments:

  1. Ryan,
    Is Jesse going to sail it on from Panama?
    Have a great time going from the Bahamas to Panama!

    Richard in Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great adventure. Can't wait to hear about your trip and your take on the Contessa 26.

    From Seattle, Wa, USA
    SaltyDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ran into your blog while I'm sitting here in my office cubicle. Not that I don't love my job, but it's great joining in your adventure vicariously! Are you in the water yet?

    ReplyDelete