Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Latest

Hello Everybody,

It's been way too long since my last post but lots has been happening. I've been talking to some great companies about sponsorship and I hope to move on to the next stage of preparations for the voyage soon. The latest I would want to leave for a nonstop circumnavigation is October, so we've got a lot of work to do!

I've logged some very exciting winter and spring sailing this year (great training for the southern ocean) and am looking forward to the coming warmer days for less stormy training. It's good to get wet and cold every now and then but the real enjoyment is when the sun comes back out again before the next bout of rough weather.

Congratulations to Jessica Watson on the completion of her remarkable journey! Her voyage was quite the incredible accomplishment and I bet she is quite happy to be enjoying the high living ashore.

I've got to go for now but will be sure to type a longer post of what I've been up to soon.

Fair Winds,

Ryan

3 comments:

  1. Ryan,

    I was in Port Townsend this past weekend and I though about you, wondering how things were going. It’s great to hear that you’re making some progress with sponsorship. Good luck with that part of your preparation. You’re right that Jessica’s accomplishment was outstanding. I saw that your friend, Brian Caldwell was in Sydney for her homecoming. What an exciting event that was. Your homecoming celebration in Port Townsend will be a fun event, too. Best of luck to you, Ryan.

    From Seattle, WA, USA
    SaltyDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Ryan
    All the best with sponsorship, it is so hard to get at the moment, please let us know how it is all going .I noticed that SaltyDog from Seattle USA is alos writing on your blog, it is great to see that so many bloggers support our young people and he is one of them.
    No doubt that we will also follow your adventure very closely and with great excitment.
    All the best for now
    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what are your thoughts on the Abby disaster?
    Will it hurt US sailing?

    ReplyDelete